…since I did that awful WOD on Sunday.
And I still can’t walk normally. My arms/shoulders/abs are fine. My quads are destroyed. Damn medicine ball cleans.
People at work are making fun of me because I can’t get out of my chair or walk normally.
This morning, after convincing myself I had flu-like symptoms (when in reality I am likely suffering adverse effects of the construction and painting that’s been going on in my office the past few weeks), I told myself to suck it up and go to crossfit.
So I did.
– 100 medicine ball cleans (20/14)
– 100 pull-ups
– 100 sit-ups
– 100 push-ups
Medicine ball cleans took me about 8 minutes. That was hard…definitely harder than I expected.
Pull-ups took me probably–no joke–12-13 minutes. Had to scale these with bands.
Sit-ups took me probably–no joke–2-3 minutes. I was (not surprisingly) the last one to finish the pull-ups but I knew once I got to the sit-ups, I’d beat almost everyone, including the people who’d gotten a 5-minute jump start on me. And..I did.
With basic math, it is then obvious that the push-ups took me 6-8 minutes.
Crossfit was followed by breakfast at my friend’s house.
WHAT UP (unpictured) FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE? That was said in my best Barney Stinson voice. Anyway, I couldn’t stop eating it. Oh well.
Followed by a visit with my mom and a trip to the dog park.
And those panoramic pictures (thanks iPhone 5) may not do it justice, but it was packed and Maeby was pleased.
Followed by a Skype session with Adam while I made myself dinner (turkey burgers, bacon, sautéed mushrooms, and bacon balsamic Brussels sprouts), which was great because I was able to trick him into thinking I could cook.
I love weekends.
– I hop on a flight to California in 35 days, 8 hours, and 40 minutes. I don’t have a running countdown on my computer or anything.
My brother lives in Pasadena and I will be visiting for a few days. I’m trying to convince him to run the Firecracker 5k/10k with me in Chinatown in L.A. I read there’s a beer garden after and he said he is interested in that…but not in the race. There’s still time to convince him! I have never run a 10k, so that’s the plan. We shall see.
After a few days in Pasadena, I am hopping on a train down to San Diego to see Adam, who I haven’t seen since high school. There’s a lot to say here, but I will keep it brief. I really can’t wait to see him.
– 2013 is off to a great start. I’m really happy so far.
– I had my first “long run” of 2013. 7.5 miles and I felt great. Muscle memory is an amazing thing.
– CrossFit is also going well. I PR’d on my deadlift 1 rep max, at 240. Then a couple days ago, we did 1 rep max thrusters and I ran out of time but managed to hit 100, which I was really happy with. To be honest, I haven’t been going nearly as often as I’d like or as I was. I can’t seem to find the motivation to go more than 3 times a week, which is bad, because I’m paying so much money to go and when I’m there, I really do love it. It’s just getting myself out the door, and I think a lot of it has to do with the cold and winter…but I’m going to have to get over that at some point because again, it’s a waste of money if I’m not going more than a couple times a week.
– Maeby is great, as always.
– It’s Friday. And I woke up with a very specific version of “Friday” stuck in my head. So I revisited this video.
Then I made my roommate watch it with me.
“Victoria” (named after the hero, Victoria Soto, who saved her students’ lives in Newtown)
5 rounds for time:
– 10 thrusters (95/65)
– 14 box jumps (24″/20″)
– 12 sumo deadlift high pulls
– 12 burpees
– 27 kettlebell swings (53/35)
…scaled to 55# thrusters and SDHP, and 26# kb swings
So exhausted. Not sure how I’m still awake.
And so “hell week” at the box I go to has begun.