“We have no way of knowing what lays ahead for us in the future. All we can do is use the information at hand to make the best decision possible. It’s gonna be fine. Your whole life is gonna be fine.”

–Christopher Walken, Wedding Crashers


Peanut Butter Apple Bread

A few weekends back, I was headed to my half-sister’s house for a little get-together. We didn’t have to bring anything, but I really was in the mood to do some baking.

A week prior, I had gotten one of those totes of apples from the grocery store and of course, some of the apples at the bottom of the bag were bruised and didn’t look all that appetizing, so I knew I wanted to do some baking with them. And since I love peanut butter mixed with apples (fact: 40% of my peanut butter consumption involves apples and the other 60% involves a spoon and no self-control), I figured peanut butter apple bread would be perfect.

So I did some searching on the internet but was disappointed that there weren’t very many recipes for peanut butter apple bread. So, I figured I’d just use a basic bread recipe and completely modify to meet my insatiable desire for the apple and peanut butter combo.


Peanut Butter Apple Bread

– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 3/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/8 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but use whatever)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup of sugar (you can use up to 1 cup if you want sweeter bread)
– 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup peeled and diced apples (approx. 1 apple)


Preheat the oven to 350*F and coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. In a separate bowl, melt the peanut butter for 30 seconds, then mix in an egg. When the two are mixed, mix in sugar, and then applesauce and vanilla. Once all combined, add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, and then add in apples. Mix everything together until combined (the batter will be thick, don’t worry!). Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


‘Tis the Season …to enjoy pumpkin-y things

Do yourself a favor and make this bread.

And do yourself and your friends a favor and make them each their own loaf so that you don’t have to share and they still get to enjoy it.

Pumpkin Bread (with walnuts, if you’d like)


– 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned, but use whatever you want)
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 1/4 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon*
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg*
– 1/8 tsp ground cloves*
– 1/8 tsp ground ginger*
– 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
– 1/4 cup walnut halves (optional)

*Adjust spices to desired taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray. Whisk together the egg, pumpkin, applesauce, and water. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients, except for the walnuts. When mixed, combine dry and wet mixture, and add in chopped walnuts. Pour into loaf pan and garnish the top of the loaf with walnut halves. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to cool and then eat it all.