This is a dog that, back on February 25, 2011 when he came to our house:
- was afraid of anything and everything
- had never played with a squeaky dog toy (based on his surprise at the squeak) or likely any toy for that matter
- didn’t know how to use the bathroom outside
- barked every day and every night when he was in his crate
- didn’t wag his tail
- didn’t know how to walk on a leash
- didn’t know how to run or play
And now, exactly ten months later, here he is…
Mickey is a dog that we don’t think was ever loved and he came to us scared and defensive. He’s still a work in progress, and we’re learning more about how to work with him everyday, but each day he is growing and proving that even dogs who haven’t been loved and who have been abused have so much to give if someone just takes a chance on them.
Merry Christmas everyone!