- I hop on a flight to California in 35 days, 8 hours, and 40 minutes. I don’t have a running countdown on my computer or anything.
My brother lives in Pasadena and I will be visiting for a few days. I’m trying to convince him to run the Firecracker 5k/10k with me in Chinatown in L.A. I read there’s a beer garden after and he said he is interested in that…but not in the race. There’s still time to convince him! I have never run a 10k, so that’s the plan. We shall see.
After a few days in Pasadena, I am hopping on a train down to San Diego to see Adam, who I haven’t seen since high school. There’s a lot to say here, but I will keep it brief. I really can’t wait to see him.
- 2013 is off to a great start. I’m really happy so far.
- I had my first “long run” of 2013. 7.5 miles and I felt great. Muscle memory is an amazing thing.
- CrossFit is also going well. I PR’d on my deadlift 1 rep max, at 240. Then a couple days ago, we did 1 rep max thrusters and I ran out of time but managed to hit 100, which I was really happy with. To be honest, I haven’t been going nearly as often as I’d like or as I was. I can’t seem to find the motivation to go more than 3 times a week, which is bad, because I’m paying so much money to go and when I’m there, I really do love it. It’s just getting myself out the door, and I think a lot of it has to do with the cold and winter…but I’m going to have to get over that at some point because again, it’s a waste of money if I’m not going more than a couple times a week.
- Maeby is great, as always.
- It’s Friday. And I woke up with a very specific version of “Friday” stuck in my head. So I revisited this video.
Then I made my roommate watch it with me.